Daniel Craig is the present James Bond after he signed a five-film contract with EON Productions on October 23, 2005.
Random facts about Daniel Craig as James Bond:
1. Craig is the first actor to portray James Bond to be born after the Bond series already started, and Ian Fleming, the novels' writer, had died. The first film was shown in 1962 while Daniel Craig was born in 1968.
2. The first film, Casino Royale, premièred on 14 November 2006, and grossed a total of US$594,239,066 worldwide, which makes the film the highest grossing Bond film.
After the film was released, Craig's performance was highly acclaimed.
3. On 12 June 2008, Craig sliced the top of one of his fingers off while filming Quantum of Solace. The accident was the latest in a string of incidents surrounding the shoot.
4. Craig's favorite previous Bond actor was Sean Connery, but says, "I'd never copy somebody else. I would never do an impression of anybody else or try and improve on what they did. That would be a pointless exercise for me". His favorite Bond film is From Russia with Love.
5. Craig and the producers are in the process of making his third Bond film (the 23rd overall in the series) but on April 19, 2010, it was announced to have been suspended indefinitely due to the crippling debt and uncertain future of MGM.