Acne is a common problem among teenagers. However, the disease is not restricted to any age group; adults in there 20s - even into there 40s - can get acne. Although, this is not a life threatening health condition, this can still upset you and may ruin your day.
In order to better address this problem, it is important that we understand its main causes:
* Hormones. Acne by its very nature can be considered a hormonal disease. Hormones are responsible for the maturation of the oil glands in our skin. This is why children do not experience acne. The oil surplus created by these hormones may be instrumental in clogging hair follicles where bacteria grows and causes acne pimples and blemishes.
* Dirt. Based on my own experience, if I forget to wash my face before going to sleep or haven't changed my pillow for like 2 weeks, that's the time I see pimples on my forehead and cheeks. So guys and girls, it really pays to have proper hygiene.
* Stress. Are stress and acne related?
Yes. Stress can aggravate symptoms. Stress is any undue emotional or physical strain.
Examples of emotional stress:
* Anxiety regarding an upcoming big event, like a wedding or important test
* Relationship problems
* Overwhelming workload
* Health of a loved one
How does stress affect acne?
The average acne sufferer's skin contains clogged pores that they can't even see. Stress causes an inflammatory response in the body and can cause the walls of these pores to break. When this happens, the body responds with redness around the broken pore, and an influx of pus (a zit). Source: Acne.org
It's a good thing there are a lot of available home remedies for acne.
Let me just name about 5 of my favorite home remedy procedures.
* Mix honey and cinnamon powder until you come up with a paste-like mixture. Apply it to your face and wash your face next morning.
* Mix one tablespoon of groundnut oil with one tablespoon of lime juice. Apply it to your face and leave it for about an hour. Then rinse your face afterwards.
* Apply ripe fresh tomato paste on pimples and wash it after an hour.
* It is also said that drinking wheat grass juice is good for the skin and may prevent or cure acne.
* Steam your face for 10 minutes or have a sauna bath for about 10-15 minutes. Then pat dry your face. Wash your face with any anti-bacterial facial wash and leave for about 5 minutes, then wash off. Then use moisturizer to moisturize your face.
To keep your skin under control, observe the following suggestions:
* Wash your face daily, at least 2-3 times a day to reduce oiliness of the skin.
* Have a well-balanced regular diet with lots of fresh juices.
* Take a lot of Vitamin C and E because these are necessary to rejuvenate the skin.
Disclaimer: Results may vary depending on skin type. When acne is beyond control, please see a dermatologist.
Hey dear reader, please feel free to contribute any home remedies for acne you may have known to be effective. I'd appreciate it very much. ^_^