We all dream each night. And I love it. I love it when I remember the last dream I had - sweet and pleasant dreams in particular. I could still remember the very first time I dreamed of kissing my crush on the lips. And she was just no ordinary girl. She was like the hottest girl in the campus! LOL. I knew, it was like a shot to the moon. I was in first year high-school at that time. It felt so real and surreal at the same time.
Each one of us has a dream. Be it realistic or a fantasy. I dream at daytime even when I am awake. As a matter of fact daydreaming is one of my favorite past time. Or you might wanna call it wishful thinking. And it is not wrong. It is just normal to dream of things that you don’t have.
That is why I enjoy solitary moments as that’s the time when dreams come running over my head like restless codes.
"The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.” William ShakespeareDreams or ambitions are normal among normal people. It is said that abnormal individuals or those who are mentally-troubled do not have ambitions in life. How about you? Do you have ambitions in life, dear reader? I bet you have. So dream on! It’s absolutely free! Libre lang mangarap ika nga.
I was taught that daydreaming is useless if we do not set goals to make our dreams come true. I was also taught that goals can be classified into two, the short-term goals and the long term goals.
Short-term goals are goals that are achievable in the near future, let’s say, in a week, in a month, or in a year.
Long-term goals are goals that need excessive effort in order for it to be achieved. These goals have longer-lasting effects to one’s life.
"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." - Thomas Jefferson, America 3rd US President
Having said that, I hereby list down my short-term goals and long term goals:
Short-term Goals slash Small Wishes
• Nikon D-40 digital SLR – I have always loved photography as an art. I love taking photos and capturing different kinds of emotions – joyful group at the park, solitary moment of a stranger by the beach, etc.
• New phone : at least Nokia N95, the latest Blackberry or a Palm Pre Phone will do. Haha! Joke lang! Nasira kasi yung phone ko kaya kahit simpleng phone lang ayos na.
- Mansion: It was year 2002 when the typhoon totally shattered our house into pieces. So from that time on, we’ve been renting houses to live in. We have been going around Talisay City for more than 5 years already. And that’s not easy! That is why one of my long-term goal is to buy or build a decent house for my mom and my future family.
- I want to get a car! Gusto ko yung at least 6 ang seating capacity. hehe
- Surgery for my scoliosis: The last time I had my back x-rayed was three weeks ago and the result said my scoliosis has progressed badly and now it’s in 31 degrees. Maybe it’s the kind of job that I currently have that’s aggravating my condition. Mahirap kasi maghanap ng ibang job at medyo nakasanayan ko na ang pagiging callboy este call center agent boy! By the way, speaking off, akalain mong marami pa ring nag-sesearch ng “call boys in cebu” na napadpad sa blog ko dahil jan sa first entry kong “I Am A Callboy!” Nalaman ko to through sitemeter.com that’s embedded here on my blogsite. LOL! At marahil dahil half-naked ako jan sa picture ko, (tingin sa itaas, About me section), at dahil naka-display ang e-mail add ko, may mangilan-ngilan ding “mababait na nilalang” nag-i-email sakin at nakikipagkaibigan. Haha. Well, I like getting new friends, it’s not a problem to me. Basta ba malinis ang hangarin mo sa’kin at walang bahid ng pagnanasa ang mga “hi and hellos” mo. LOL. Haha. Thank you. Well, going back to my scoliosis, my physical therapist suggested that if my scoliosis reaches to 35 degrees, I might as well have my back operated. Yes, I’ll have to undergo surgery and that costs a lot. He said it costs around a hundred thousand! God, where on earth will I get that huge amount??! As I mentioned on my previous post, I was not born with silver or a golden spoon in my mouth.
And if you care for me and you wanna help me achieve my dreams slash goals. Feel free to…