Saturday, August 29, 2009
Goldstein was a member of the rock band Crazy Town, known for their hit "Butterfly". He has also scratched on albums for Papa Roach, Madonna, Will Smith, and Shifty and played concerts with Jay-Z. He was dating singer-actress Mandy Moore. They broke off the relationship in March 2007.
Sources say the cause of death may have been accidental drug overdose. Statements by a New York law enforcement official to the Associated Press indicate that drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment, but no signs of foul play.
Check out one of his most recent videos entitled (I'm Blessed, I'm Alive - awww... How ironic!) inwhich he confessed that he was a recovering drug addict. He also discussed how he survived the September 19, 2008 plane crash. My condolences to his family.
May his life story would serve as a lesson to all of us. "Drug addicts don't grow old. They die young."
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Have you heard of BPO or Business Process Outsourcing?
According to SourcingMag.com, it is the process of hiring another company to handle business activities for your company. One best example is the call center industry here in the Philippines. Basically, call centers are companies that caters customer support for large companies via phone, chat or email. Let's say for example, Sayks is a call center that handles customer service or customer support for different companies like Kodak or Nokia. In other words, when a Kodak customer calls in to complain or ask technical assistance for the product that he or she bought from Kodak, Sayks people are the ones handling the call.
Disclaimer: I'm just using that as an example, I'm not saying it is a fact that either Kodak or Nokia is connected in any way with Sayks.
Well, I'm not gonna talk any further about Sayks, Kodak or Nokia in this post, this is more about Talent Shout Business Consultancy.
What is Talent Shout Business Consultancy?
Talent Shout Business Consultancy is a Philippine-based BPO company that offers business development solutions. It was established in 2007 and caters to both SMEs and large corporations. Although relatively young in the industry, it has managed to secure its own niche in the market by offering products and services at a relatively low price.
The 4th quarter of 2008 saw the expansion of Talent Shout from a provider of HR services to a small time business process outsourcing unit. It has ventured into providing writing and blogging services, online marketing, document management and virtual office provider. (Hmmm.. I wonder if I can get a job at Talent Shout.)
Source : Talent Shout website
Hi CF Rhona, this is my entry to the contest you are holding. ^_^ I hope tama tong ginagawa ko. Lemme know if there are errors. And I apologize foe the grammar lapses. Feel free to correct my errors. Thanks.
Dear reader, if you are a blogger, especially if you are also Rhona's blogger friend, feel free to join the contest. To learn more about it, please click here. Or you can just support me by clicking on that Talent Shout image (above) twice every day. ^^
Monday, August 24, 2009
Watch out for my "kuya" Danyl Johnson! A 27-year old grade school teacher is now being labeled as "the next Susan Boyle."
How good was Danyl? Well, he managed to accomplish the unthinkable: Danyl not only made Simon Cowell smile, but he inspired Simon to give him a standing ovation...AND Simon even declared Danyl's audition (of the Joe Cocker version of "With A Little Help From My Friends") "the single best first audition I have ever heard." - Yahoo Music Blog
You may also watch the video on Youtube through this link.
Or read the full article at Yahoo Music.
Note: For foreign readers, kuya means brother. Haha! Sabi kasi ng mom ko medyo hawig kami. LOL
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Note: You must have read an article similar to this one from coedmagazine.com or from a forwarded e-mail. But I tell you, although we may have the same message, this one is my own version. That banner above by the way, is from Coedmagazine.com. ^_^ I got inspired to create this post when I saw a long-lost friend whom I believe has gone astray. He's now got 2 piercings on both ears and a piercing on the nose. He also has tattoos all over his nape down to the lower back.
These days, what people may only seem to care is how to live life to the fullest in whatever manner they desire. Trying different things may sound fun and harmless. True enough, having fun while you're young is good. But there are things that's being done by a lot of young people nowadays which I personally believe that there will come a time that they will regret they did such things.
1. Body Piercings
- Nowadays, a great number of teenagers and young adults have a body piercing. These can range anywhere from your belly button to your tongue. Personally, I don't understand why some people think having tunnel-sized ear holes/piercing is cool. By the way, I am giving an exception to those people who come from ethnic groups where body piercing is considered a tradition and/or an art. But if you are just a city dude and you are not from any ethnic group, then it may be something else. KSP-ness that is.
Bad Effects: First impressions are important to many people. In other words, you can't blame a sales clerk who gives you a suspicious look thinking that you are dangerous - pick-pocket, shoplifter or worse a hold-upper. Also, most employers may have a negative opinion about body piercings. It can be your major downfall from getting your desired job. Some employers and/or interviewers may think the applicant has no respect for his body. As a matter of fact, some company may have a policy against piercing. There have been controversies over facial piercing in fast food restaurants. Also, though it may sound unfair to you, some employers are biased about such things as piercing. If you are taking an interview and you have a visible piercing the interviewer may feel intimidated or think negatively toward you. So if you don't want to have such image for the rest of your life, better yet, stay away from these stuff.
2. Sex Video or Picture Scandals Online
- Another thing that has become so trendy nowadays are self-made or home-made videos of lovers making love passionately, wildly or whatever. In other words, sex scandals! My take on this is: Just because famous celebrities like celebrity doctor Hayden Kho and sexy actress Katrina Halili became more popular because of their very controversial videos, it doesn't mean you should go ahead make your own. Hayden should have put a disclaimer on his videos that goes like: "Kids don't follow this at home. Only done by professionals."
Bad Effects: Sooner or later, those pictures or videos are going to come back to haunt you. And when they do, it will start a sh!tstorm you can’t even imagine. And pretty soon that trip to Boracay with a hot chcik when you were 23 will turn into the reason you are fired from your job or perhaps will prevent you from getting promotions. Worst-case scenario, your beloved wife will file a divorce, or annulment in our country, and/or you will be estranged from your children. Seriously. Think about it.
- These days, having a tattoo is practically like having a mole - almost everybody’s got one. Rock stars, sports figures, fashion models, and movie stars flaunt them. Many teenagers have followed suit, proudly displaying tattoos on their shoulders, hands, waists, and ankles. The only difference is, having a mole isn’t going to make you bang your head against the wall for stupidity as soon as you’re out of your “Juvenile Delinquent phase.” I'm pretty sure there will be a point in your life that would make you regret why you did ever let those needles and inks touch your flawless white skin. Oh and ladies, just so you know, one day that lower back tattoo you all seem to have is going to be known as the “old lady tattoo.” Not so sexy, is it?
- I have always disliked smokers. I have been explicit about that. Okay. Why, bakit, ngano? Because I really do think they are selfish. Selfish because we know for a fact that smoking gives pleasure or at least that's what I heard from them. Self-pleasure that is. But come to think of it. That pleasure only lasts barely an hour but the harm that it would cause not only to you but most especially to your loved ones is longer lasting. Lemme revise what I said as I don't wanna hurt the ego/feelings of some readers / friends who smoke. Let's just say, I condemn the sin but not the sinner. Smoking might cause immediate death! Yes, you've read it right! It can kill you right there and then. You don't believe me, watch this:
Note: This post is my own version of CoedMagazine.com's Top 10 Things From Your 20’s That You’ll Regret When You’re 40. My remaining 6 items are still being written. To Ms. Winkie, I will have that bag tag posted within this week. :)
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Para naman sa nagtatanong kung mahal ba sya ng gf nya, aba'y sorry di ko alam. Di ko naman kilala gf mo at wag mo na pag-isipang ipakilala sya sa'kin dahil malamang ako na mamahalin nun. yay! biro lang. haha. may magcocomment na naman. baka sabihin pelingero ako. LOL
"You believe God, you believe brain." haha. Teka, bad na'ko pinagtawanan ko search keywords mo. Sorry. ayusin mo kasi. Dapat ganto yun, "If you don't believe that God exists just because we can't see him, then might as well don't believe that you have a brain." Opps. Sorry na naman sa mga ateyistang napadpad. Basta paki-basa na lang tong entry na to "Do You Believe That God Exist?"
"poem am sorry i lied" => wow medyo okay na tu ah. at kelangan may nakalagay talagang poem. Specific ka na ngayon ah! O sige na nga. eto yata hinahanap mo eh: "I'm Sorry, I Lied"
"Spongebob briefs" / "Spongebob boxers" / "Spongebob.com"
==> haha.. parang pinopromote ko na ng husto si Spongebob ah. Sana man lang bigyan ako kahit konti ng Nickoledeon. Ang totoo iisa lang yung Spongebob boxers / briefs ko. At dito paki-basa ang istorya nyan. Spongebob Boxers / Briefs
By the way please click on the Blue Whale T-shirt (in the sidebar) to vote again. Vote counts were reset back to zero on Aug 10. for the final 10. If you voted previously, it is easier this time around. You just need to sign in and vote. We need your support dear reader and friends. Thank you very much.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Even if I do things the right way, some would still be unhappy and will not appreciate what I say and do, and there would always be people who would try to bring me down. This is not a perfect world and this is not a perfect life. Life is almost always unfair. But LIFE gives reward to those who dare to live it right. I'm waiting for mine. Haha.Here's my little way of giving tribute to Mdm. Cory Aquino, one of the few people who dared to live life the right way.
Today is August 4, 2009 and today I hereby announce that the submission of entries / posts is now officially closed.
However, the contest is still on going. You may still vote and comment for your favored entries until August 6. Due to some semi-violent reactions, please disregard the 40-only-rule that I imposed previously. Each commenter may comment as much as he or she wants. Hehe. Sorry for the inconsistency.
Here's an update to the number of generated incoming visit from different links to my site. I got this data through getclicky.com
Days covered: July 11 to August 3, 2009.
Thanks to my very generous contest sponsors:
* Chad of Coolbutsmokin.wordpress.com: He is a struggling new blogger (like me) and at the same time a student. His latest blog post is about "How to Pass a Call Center Screening".
* Rhona of Kofistains.com: Rhona is
* Reesie of Reesie.net: Si Reesie ay isang
* Jehzeel of Jehzlau-Concepts.com: Jehzeel is giving away web hosting account with unlimited space and bandwidth plus 2-year free domain registration if you can handle his Undeciphered Puzzles.
* Jerick of Rickspot.com: Jerick is a self-confesed internet marketing expert wannabe. Though, it shows on his site that he's not just a wannabe. He really is an expert. Bolero lang din ako. Haha. Latest blog entry: Need for Speed: Shift PSP Download Full Game
* Bogcess of TechnoChase.com: TechnoChase is a highly-optimized and technically-informative website being owned by Bogcess and his invisible partner. If those terms do not exist then, I am sugesting that those should be added to the dictionary. Hehe. Visit his TechnoChase and satisfy your techie craze. His latest blog post is entitled: Amazon Preorder Deals for Snow Leopard
* Mars of OrphicPixel.com: Mars is a web and graphic designer, a video editor since 2002, a blogger since 2006, a videographer and a photographer. Wallpapers, Photoshop Tutorials, Logo Designs and Free Domains are just few of the things that you can find at www.orphicpixel.com for FREE, (if you win his contest. hehe). Latest blog entry: WXR Pain in the Ass
* Winkie of WinkiesWorld.wordpress.com : Winkie is basically an online goddess in the bloggy world. Hehe. Seriously, she's a very cool and funny blogger too. Bonus na lang yung kagandahan nya.Hehe. Check out her site. Latest blog entry: Tita Cory’s Cortege via Ayala Avenue
* Cris of www.crisiboy.com : Crisiboy is your online friend to great information. Another blogger with a very optimized site. Latest blog entry: Watch Corazon “Cory” Aquino Funeral and Burial Live Stream Online
* Ghie of Confessions : Haven't known Ghie that much yet but I know that beyond that charming smile, beneath that sweet little eyes, she's a kind-hearted pretty girl. Hindi ako bolero. Haha. Latest blog entry: Satellite TV
* Star of TwistedCreamPuff.wordpress.com: Star also known as Liza is currently facing a challenge which involves the health of her mom. Latest blog entry: Prayers are welcome.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
I was quite surprised to learn that this blog,
Again, thank you po Mdm. Reesie. You've been really cool and nice. *tissue please...*
To those who are not yet familiar of this contest, here goes the mechanics:
Note: You can only nominate blogs that started anytime from May 1, 2008 to the present.
Who can join?
- Any blogger in the world. Only one entry per blogger.
- Blog or website owner profile and e-mail are accessible or visible online.
To join this effort, please do the following:
- Write a blog post and pick your choice of ten (10) emerging influential blogs.
- Any blog in the world can be picked.
- You can update the same post entry up to August 2 (date may be extended). However, please inform us of any changes.
- Old blogs who move to a new domain are disqualified
- Blogs who remove their archives just to fit in the cut-off date are disqualified.
- Include a link to this post to help spread the word and encourage others to participate.
- To be included in the raffle, links to the following sponsors should also be in the entry. They are Absolute Traders,My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, Events at Work, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile, Budget hotel in Makati, Lucio C. Tan Group of Companies, and Blog4Reviews.com.
- Post a comment and let us know about your entry. Only one entry per blogger. Cut-off date and time for submission of entries is on July 30. After the said date, submission of comments in this page shall be closed.
For more info, click Here.
I have decided to join this contest as well and hereby list down my nominees for the “Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2009.” (Sayang nga naman yung $100 kung saka-sakali.)
- Deejay of Good Times Manila : Because he never fails to make us laugh.
Rye of Flamindevil : Because of his inspiring articles / posts.
- Dencios of His name is Dencios : Because of his astiging health tips and political opinions.
- Ax of Axrealm : Because of his creative writing style.
- Kikay of Coffee Stains and Inks : Because of her wit and humor that shows in her lists in each post.
- Bluguy : Because of his poetic and very heart-moving posts. Naks!
- Lucas of On The Coffin Rock : Because of his emo-ic love stories and poems which never fail to touch our hearts.
- Lovely : Because to me, she represents the typical Filipinas with extra-ordinary love for their family and because she is really friendly.
Barrio Siete: Because of their very up-to-date and very well-written articles with sense of humor.
- Lio Loco : Because of the unique way he writes his entries.
I'd love to continue my list and make it 15 or 20 perhaps! *sigh* Marami pa'kong gustong ilagay sana.
Note to the nominees:
Make sure your archives, profile and e-mail addresses are accessible or visible online.
“People with a scarcity mentality tend to see everything in terms of win-lose. There is only so much; and if someone else has it, that means there will be less for me. The more principle-centered we become, the more we develop an abundance mentality, the more we are genuinely happy for the successes, well-being, achievements, recognition, and good fortune of other people. We believe their success adds to...rather than detracts from...our lives.” – Stephen R. Covey
Thanks to the generous support of the following sponsors:
Note: Yes, this is a repost to update the list of sponsors as requested by Miss Janette. Also, Barrio Siete is now included in my list.