Today is March 27, 2010. So what's up with the date?
It's the 13th day from the Pacquiao-Clottey fight which happened on March 14, 2010.
posted on www.monzavenue.com
I got an e-mail regarding how Manny Pacquiao's fight is connected to some major incidents like the Massacre in Maguindano. Please check this out:
That surely is creepy, isn't it?
So I made a little research to check if those events mentioned above are correct with the goal of disproving it that these incidents has got nothing to do with Manny Pacquiao's victories. And since I've ran out of ideas to post here on my blog, I decided to post what I've found out here. >Monz Avenue blog.
Here's what I've found out:
Pacquiao VS Erik Morales
January 21, 2006 -Manny Pacquiao defeated Erik Morales by TKO at the 10 round.
13 Days after: Wowowee Stampede or also known as the ULTRA Stampede killed 78 people and injured about 400. About 30,000 people had been gathered outside the stadium waiting to participate in the first anniversary episode of the television variety show Wowowee. Get your Manny Pacquiao Pound 4 Pound Men's Tee on Amazon.com
- Okay for this one, the dates are accurate. But come one why would you blame it on Manny. He was not there on Wowowee.
Pacquiao VS Larios: July 2, 2006
- Pacquiao successfully defended his WBC International super featherweight title against Óscar Larios, a two-time super bantamweight champion, who had moved up two weight divisions in order to challenge Pacquiao. Pacquiao won the fight via unanimous decision, knocking down Larios two times during the twelve round bout, which was held at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines.
13 Days after: Mayon Volcano started showing signs of a nearing explosive eruption. Mayon erupted from July to October 2006, with no apparent loss of life during the actual eruption period.
- Okay this one not so accurate as according to Wikipedia, Mayon Volcano started showing of volcanic activity on July 18.
Pacquiao VS Marco Antonio Barrera: October 06, 2007
- Pacquiao defeated Barrera in their rematch via an easy unanimous decision. In the eleventh round, Pacquiao's punch caused a deep cut below Barrera's right eye. Get your Marco Antonio Barrera's poster.
13 Days after: The 2007 Glorietta explosion occurred in the Glorietta 2 section of the Glorietta shopping complex at Ayala Center in Makati, Metropolitan Manila, in the Philippines on October 19, 2007 at around 1:25 PM PST. Initial reports indicated that the explosion originated from an LPG tank explosion in an in-mall restaurant.However, authorities were (as of yet) unable to confirm the true nature or source of the explosion. The blast has killed eleven persons and injured more than 100.
Manny Pacquiao Undisputed Men's Tee on Amazon.com
- Okay, the dates are accurate, but then again there's no apparent connection between that sad incident to Manny Pacquiao.
Pacquiao VS Juan Manuel Márquez
On March 15, 2008, in a rematch against Juan Manuel Márquez called "Unfinished Business", Pacquiao won via a disputed split decision. The fight was held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. With victory, Pacquiao won the WBC and Ring Magazine super featherweight belts (as well as the lineal junior lightweight title), making him the first Filipino to win three major world titles in three different weight divisions (Pacquiao was a former WBC flyweight champion and former IBF super bantamweight champion).
13 days after: Some national governments began restricting exports of rice and some retailers began rationing sales, due to fears of insufficient global supplies of the grain, thus becoming another key aspect to the 2007–2008 world food price crisis.
Pacquiao VS Miguel Cotto:
- On November 14, 2009, Pacquiao defeated Miguel Cotto via technical knockout in the twelfth round, at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, in a fight billed as "Firepower".
13 Days after: The Maguindanao massacre, also known as the Ampatuan massacre (after the town where the mass graves were found), occurred on the morning of November 23, 2009, in the town of Ampatuan in Maguindanao province, on the island of Mindanao in the Philippines. The victims were about to file a certificate of candidacy for Esmael Mangudadatu, vice mayor of Buluan town. Mangudadatu was challenging Datu Unsay mayor Andal Ampatuan, Jr., son of the incumbent Maguindanao governor Andal Ampatuan, Sr., in the forthcoming Maguindanao gubernatorial election, part of the national elections in 2010. The 57 people killed included Mangudadatu's wife, his two sisters, journalists, lawyers, aides, and motorists who were witnesses or were mistakenly identified as part of the convoy.
Okay Yesterday, March 27, was the 13th day from the Pacquiao-Clottey fight in which Manny won again.
Was there any major disaster that happened yesterday? So far, haven't heard any, hence, I'd say perhaps the curse has stopped there. LOL
Disclaimer: Please don't be hard on me, I'm not saying Manny Pacquiao is the culprit of all those disasters. Let's not blame it on Pacquiao. I understand that all these are just plain coincidence.
Bottom line is, let's not be superstitious and don't blame it on Manny Pacquiao. ^_^
Manny Pacquiao VS Miguel Cotto
Manny Pacquiao VS Oscar De La Hoya
The Wild Card: Hard Fought Lessons from a Life in the Ring
Manny Pacquiao: The Greatest Boxer of All Time
Manny Pacquiao Autographed Everlast Glove